- every part has a heat number for complete traceability
The thermal actuator is filled at its free length with a liquid having a lower boiling point than water. On start-up, the valve is normally open to discharge air, non-condensibles, and condensate.
The temprature difference is called sub-cool and is a indication of the sensitivity of the thermal actuator.
When steam enters the trap, the thermal actuator fill vaporizes to a pressure higher than line pressure. This forces the valve into seat orfice to prevent any further flow.
As condensate collects, it takes heat from the actuator, lowering internal pressure. The line pressure will then compress the thermal actuator to open the valve and discharge the condensate. Valve opening automatically adjusts to load conditions from minimum on very light loads to full lift at maximum load.
Trap is designed to be self draining for horizontal installation. For vertical trap see: series CDS.
The CDS-serie is complete ASME-BPE
- Connections: 1/2″ to 2″
– Body: 316L
– Gasket: Viton
- Finish (internal): 0.5 µm Ra
- Temperature: to 170 ºC
- Pressure: to 6,9 barg (100 PSIG)
- Certificates: FDA-certificates
- Finish: to 0.25 µm Ra Mechanical Polishing and/or Electropolish
- Gaskets: Tef-steek, PTFE, Teflon®, EPDM & others materials
- CoMBo inlet avialable
- Certificates: MTR, COC