FIKE – AGT SC Rupture Disc
- The standard low pressure allows for a significant cost and time savings benefit in that there is no requirement of Third Party inspection as compliance validation to PED can be avoided
- Meets ASME BPE and USP Class VI criteria, including:
- Surface finish: ASME BPE SF1
- Solid metal undented surface construction provides cleanability for CIP/SIP applications
- Fully traceable materials, all components free of polishing compounds, release agents and animal derivates (FDA, USP VI, EC 1935/2004 and EC 2023/2006 compliant)
- Lowest installation and maintenance costs
- Increased productivity due to extensive cycle life performance
The AGT SC is a reverse-acting bursting disc designed specifically for the European pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and biotech industries.
The AGT SC Rupture Disc allows considerable cost reduction by avoiding the need for compliance with PED regulations (Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC). The pressure relief device features an instantaneous fully opening pressure relief area for protecting equipment, vessels, systems, and people from an overpressure condition exceeding 0.5 barg.
The AGT SC Bursting Disc utilizes Fike’s innovative and patented G2® design and manufacturing technology. It has a “line of weakness” on the dome of the disc instead of a score line. There are no stress zones and no tool marks or indentations on the process side of the disc, making this disc with a completely smooth process surface without induced stress zones.
- 316L SST (1.4404) or Hastelloy® C276 (2.4819) materials of construction
- Wide selection of gasket materials
- Excellent cyclic durability
- 95% operating ratio
- Can be operated to a full vacuum
- Designed for CIP (Cleaning-In-Place) / SIP (Sterilization-In-Place) processes
- Available sizes DN40 (DIN32676), 2″, 3″ and 4″ (ASME BPE) – Ferrule type and NA-Connect®
- Patented precision scoring on the vent side of the disc dome and indentation-free process surface assures optimum cleanability and improves bursting disc performance/service life
- Visual verification of proper bursting disc orientation within the piping system through the attached flow direction tag
Read more about Brand: FIKE